The 2018 Peer Advisor application is now closed. Please come back for the 2020 application in Fall 2019.
Review the application checklist below and follow us on Instragram @GMUPeerAdvisors.
JOIN OUR TEAM: UNIV Peer Advisor
Thank you for your interest in the becoming a UNIV Peer Advisor (PA)! PAs at Mason are paid student leaders who help first-year students transition to Mason by co-teaching a UNIV course, serving as role-models and mentors, and connecting students to campus resources. Below please find a detailed list of all of the application materials and deadlines. If you have any questions about the application, please email Jodi Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org.
University 100 Peer Advisor Application Checklist
Before you Apply:
• Review the PA Job Descriptions. All Peer Advisors are responsible for the requirements outlined in the UNIV Peer Advisor Job Description. Additional requirements and compensation are listed in the Project Peak and LLC job descriptions.
- UNIV Peer Advisor Job Description 2019
- Project Peak Peer Advisor Job Description 2019
- Living Learning Community Peer Advisor Job Description 2019
• Attend an information session to learn more about the PA position. If you are unable to attend one of the five Info Sessions, email Jodi Ross at email@example.com to set up an alternative meeting time. You can submit your application and then attend an information session, or attend an information session before you apply.
Date: Location: Time:
|Tuesday, October 30th||SUB 1 3A||4:30-5:30pm|
|Tuesday, November 13th||SUB 1 3A||4:30-5:30pm|
|Wednesday, November 28th||SUB 1 3B||4:30-5:30pm|
|Thursday, November 28th||SUB 1 3A||12:00-1:00pm|
|*NEW TIME* Tuesday, December 4th||SUB 1 3A||12:00-1:00pm|
• Create a resume. All applicants must submit a resume with their application. Need help with your resume? Visit Career Services.
• Review and Acknowledge Peer Advisor Training Dates and Commitments *Please note that these events are REQUIRED training for the Peer Advisor position. If you are not able to enroll in UNIV 330, attend the spring retreat, or the resource rev-up, unfortunately you will not be eligible for hire for the 2019-2020 academic year.*
- ENROLLMENT IN UNIVERSITY 330: PEER LEADERSHIP (PAs) – 0 or 1 credit course in the Spring 2018 semester: Begins Friday, February 8, 2019, meets every Friday 8:30am-12pm until May 3, 2019
- ATTENDANCE AT THE MANDATORY SPRING RETREAT, CAMP HORIZONS: Saturday, April 13– Sunday, April 14, 2019
- ATTENDANCE AT THE RESOURCE REV-UP SPRING TRAINING: Monday, May 6, 2019
• Submit your online Peer Advisor Application by Friday, December 1, 2018.
After you have Submitted your Application:
• Visit the Center for Academic Advising, Retention & Transitions in Student Union Building I (SUB I) Room 3600 between Monday, October 29th and Friday, December 7th at 5pm to sign-up for your group interview.
• Contact a current or former supervisor, mentor, or advisor and ask them to submit a Peer Advisor Recommendation by Monday, January 28.