We have completed our hiring process for the 2020-2021 academic year. If you are interested in applying, please visit our website in October 2021!
Review the application checklist below and follow us on Instragram @GMUPeerAdvisors.
JOIN OUR TEAM: UNIV Peer Advisor
Thank you for your interest in the becoming a UNIV Peer Advisor (PA)! PAs at Mason are paid student leaders who help first-year students transition to Mason by co-teaching a UNIV course, serving as role-models and mentors, and connecting students to campus resources. Below please find a detailed list of all of the application materials and deadlines. If you have any questions about the application, please email Brianna Hurley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
University 100 Peer Advisor Application Checklist
Before you Apply:
- Review the PA Job Description. All Peer Advisors are responsible for the requirements outlined in the UNIV Peer Advisor Job Description. Special sections may have additional responsibilities and additional compensation.
- Attend an information session to learn more about the PA position. You can submit your application and then attend an information session, or attend an information session before you apply.
- ENROLLMENT IN UNIVERSITY 330: PEER LEADERSHIP (PAs) – 0 or 1 credit course in the Spring 2020 semester: Fridays from 8:30AM-12:00PM
- Create a resume. All applicants must submit a resume with their application. Need help with your resume? Visit Career Services.
- Review and Acknowledge Peer Advisor Training Dates and Commitments *Please note that these events are REQUIRED training for the Peer Advisor position. If you are not able to enroll in UNIV 330, attend the spring retreat, or the resource rev-up, unfortunately you will not be eligible for hire.*
- ATTENDANCE AT THE MANDATORY SPRING RETREAT, CAMP HORIZONS
- ATTENDANCE AT THE RESOURCE REV-UP SPRING TRAINING
- Submit your online Peer Advisor Application by December 21 at 11:59PM!
After you have Submitted your Application:
• Visit the Office of Undergraduate Education (JC Room 228, located above the Patriot Tech store) between Monday, November 4th and Friday, December 6th from 9am-5pm to sign-up for your group interview and submit your Peer Advisor Judicial & Academic Waiver Form and your Photo Release (copies available at our front desk). These are due by Friday, December 20th at 5pm.
• Contact a current or former supervisor, mentor, or advisor and ask them to submit a Peer Advisor Recommendation by Monday, January 27.