Applications for 2019 Project Peak Trip Leaders are still open!
Project Peak Trip Leaders are current Mason undergraduate students who lead the Project Peak trip for incoming first-year students. This is a great opportunity to develop leadership skills, outdoor skills, and meet some awesome people! It is a paid leadership opportunity that includes an extensive training program at no cost to you! Join our team and you’ll have memories to last you a lifetime. No outdoor experience required.
Project Peak Trip Leader Application Checklist
Before you Apply:
• Review the Project Peak Trip Leader Job Description 2019.
• Create a resume. All applicants must submit a resume with their application. Need help with your resume? Visit Career Services.
• Review and Acknowledge Project Peak Trip Leader Training Dates and Commitments
- ATTENDANCE AT NON-FIELD TRAINING – 2-3 hour on-campus training: Date/time dependent on trip leader’s schedules
- VAN DRIVER FAMILIARIZATION TRAINING – Mason Motor Pool – on own schedule in Spring *must be completed before overnight trip!
- DRIVER SAFETY TRAINING – Mason Motor Pool – on own schedule in Spring *must be completed before overnight trip!
- WILDERNESS FIRST AID TRAINING – offered on campus in the Spring 2019 semester (CAART will cover certification cost)
- OVERNIGHT FIELD TRAINING: tentatively May 15-16, 2019
- AUGUST FIELD TRAINING/TRIP PREP/PROJECT PEAK TRIP: August 12-21, 2019 (CAART will cover housing costs and most meals during training and all meals during trip)
• Submit your online Project Peak Trip Leader Application by Friday, February 17th, 2019
After you have Submitted your Application:
• Print & complete your Project Peak Trip Leader Waiver Forms, Photo Release, and MVR(for this form, Supervisor – Jodi Ross, Department – CAART, Phone 703-993-5972) and bring to the office. This is due by Friday, February 22nd at 5pm to the Center for Academic Advising, Retention & Transitions in Student Union Building I (SUB I) Room 3600. Once you have submitted your forms, we will email you to schedule your group-interview.
Contact Jodi Ross at email@example.com or Ryan Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns about the application or selection process.