Applications for 2019 Project Peak Trip Leaders are closed. Please check back in Fall 2019 for opportunities for the upcoming trips.
Project Peak Trip Leaders are current Mason undergraduate students who lead the Project Peak trip for incoming first-year students. This is a great opportunity to develop leadership skills, outdoor skills, and meet some awesome people! It is a paid leadership opportunity that includes an extensive training program at no cost to you! Join our team and you’ll have memories to last you a lifetime. No outdoor experience required.
Project Peak Trip Leader Application Checklist
Before you Apply:
• Review the Project Peak Trip Leader Job Description 2019.
• Create a resume. All applicants must submit a resume with their application. Need help with your resume? Visit Career Services.
• Review and Acknowledge Project Peak Trip Leader Training Dates and Commitments
- ATTENDANCE AT NON-FIELD TRAINING – 2-3 hour on-campus training: Date/time dependent on trip leader’s schedules
- VAN DRIVER FAMILIARIZATION TRAINING – Mason Motor Pool – on own schedule in Spring *must be completed before overnight trip!
- DRIVER SAFETY TRAINING – Mason Motor Pool – on own schedule in Spring *must be completed before overnight trip!
- WILDERNESS FIRST AID TRAINING – offered on campus in the Spring 2019 semester (CAART will cover certification cost)
- OVERNIGHT FIELD TRAINING: tentatively May 15-16, 2019
- AUGUST FIELD TRAINING/TRIP PREP/PROJECT PEAK TRIP: August 12-21, 2019 (CAART will cover housing costs and most meals during training and all meals during trip)
• Submit your online Project Peak Trip Leader Application by Friday, February 17th, 2019
After you have Submitted your Application:
• Print & complete your Project Peak Trip Leader Waiver Forms, Photo Release, and MVR(for this form, Supervisor – Jodi Ross, Department – CAART, Phone 703-993-5972) and bring to the office. This is due by Friday, February 22nd at 5pm to the Center for Academic Advising, Retention & Transitions in Student Union Building I (SUB I) Room 3600. Once you have submitted your forms, we will email you to schedule your group-interview.
Contact Jodi Ross at email@example.com or Ryan Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns about the application or selection process.